Wednesday, March 12, 2014

First Post Race Run/ASB

So I had my first post-race-run yesterday after the 8k on Sunday. My shins were still kind of sore but my friend and I did 2 miles around the Boy's and Girl's Club that we are staying at. We had about an 11:30/mile pace with a couple of stops/street crossings. Volunteering has been amazing, but knowing that I have a funeral to go to this weekend is looming over my head. I'm also cold and tired of eating heavy food. Breakfast and lunch are fine but dinner is all carbs and impossible to eat vegan. I also don't like eating so late...I always end up eating too much. I want to run more and eat fruit! I guess it just goes to show for difficult it is for families in poverty to buy healthy food. Speaking of, we went to Baltimore last night for a dinner, but seeing the city was so sad. We also did a program called "walk a mile" and it was surprisingly emotional. I really want to work with these poverty stricken people. Probably more on this later....I have homework to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment