Friday, February 21, 2014

Goals and Warmer Weather

Goal wise, I'm training to run a sub 60 minute 10k in May. I found a training plan that officially starts on Monday. I started running this past fall/summer with almost a 14 minute mile. I hovered around 12 minutes in later fall with a run-walk-run strategy. Once I switched to just running I hit a solid 11-11:30/mile. Currently I'm hovering between 11/10:30 on my long runs though I've been adding some speed work. I ran a mile on the treadmill last night at my goal pace (9:39) and my the first mile of my short run was 9:51 this morning, the second .7 was 10:18. Tomorrow is my long run (that I'm so pumped for) so I won't be focusing on time, but I'm super happy to be seeing progress!

Anyways it's supposed to be 65 tomorrow for my long run and I'm ecstatic. I've been running in 0-40 degree (F) weather all winter and while last week was low 50s, 60s means just a t-shirt. I also decided that I'm going to take my run off campus. That should be interesting because I'll have to take a stretch of highway.

SO today is Friday, which means I can eat vegetarian (instead of vegan) after I finish classes for the day, but I might just wait until dinner. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Finally, good luck to all the RunDisney Princesses this weekend! I know the Royal Family 5k is done...so congrats to everyone who completed that!

Also, Olympics. Not fun in college. I don't have a TV so I have to watch the NBC replays which you can't pause or fast forward when you're 2 hours in to women's figure skating and the website crashes and makes you start over. I got really frustrated and after avoiding the news all day I just gave up and looked at the results.

~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment