Thursday, February 27, 2014

First Day of Speedwork

Today was my first time doing any sort of speed work, so I didn't really know what to expect. I got up about a half hour early to do abs in my dorm hallway (I used to do abs arms legs on Tuesday/Thursday) and then headed over to the gym. I normally like the indoor track but today it was SO HOT, I've been running in sub 40 degree weather for months so this was rough. My work out was a a lap warm up jog (oh, and our track is 1/10 a mile) and then 3x800m at "race pace". I'm really bad at this whole pacing thing so I decided to just go for it and as long as it ended under race pace I would just try and go faster each week. My times were ~4:09, 4:12, 4:15 (average 4:12) and that's a little over an 8 minute/mile pace. I was surprised it was that fast...I guess I have a pretty solid base to build some endurance off of. I did a 2 lap recovery in between each and then finished off with arms and legs.

I was pretty proud, but I'm kind of nervous for my first tempo run tomorrow...that should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment