Anyway, in the past week I have done quite a bit. I saw the Royal Winnipeg Ballet at Jacob’s Pillow on Friday. I was very excited to seen them but honestly, I was not impressed. The choreography was pretty bland and it looked like they were on a low costume budget. The only exception was the opening and closing parts of Carmina Burana. Those sections were fantastic. I had hoped to see David Hallberg as well but I heard he was injured and wasn’t dancing but I ended up being caught up late at work. I’m dying to see Trey McIntyre Project this week and Fraulein Maria the week of the 22.
***South Africa successfully protested and is in the finals***
I was at the daycare on Monday and at the playground I heard lots of great names; Merit (Girl), Rainey (Girl), Evelyn, Sienna, Jessalyna (Jessie), Dawson, Bradley, Emma. Not to mention some in the program from RWB; Gweneth, Caroline, Arlene, Ingrid, Harrison, Dariya, Thiago, Isis, Dae, Tudor-Paul.
What’s on now? Women’s open water swim. I didn’t realize how long this was, it’s about a 2 hour swim. That’s crazy! It’s 6 miles. 110 football fields. Right now Haley Anderson is in 4th, 1 hour and 11 minutes in. There are so many people watching. It’s the only event where the course is free and totally visible. What’s crazy is watching them feed/drink each round. Each swimmer has a pole with their flag being held out were they can grab a drink, then they just throw it in the water and keep going. It’s chaos because everyone is grabbing. This event was added for the 2008 Olympics. I didn’t see it last time. It’s a race of 5 on lap 6 of 6. Haley (USA) only arrived a week ago go that she could train more
This morning I watched some kayak races-dominated by Europe ; the decathlon, also a crazy event where the 2 Americans are in the lead. I saw a bit of the Rhythmic gymnastics qualifications where the 2 Russian ladies are in the lead. There is also an 18 year old from South Korea , who is adorable. I saw the technical team final for the synchronized swimming. After today it’s a race between Russia , China and Spain . Yay Spain !
Ok the end of the open water race…Haley is making her move!!! It’s so close! She has a shot! She just missed it, she got the silver. Hungary takes gold and Italy gets bronze. A first woman’s swimming gold in 12 years for Hungry. Wow, that was a great race. Haley's sister already won a gold in the women's swimming relay.
Russia's Rythmic team just got an almost perfect score, their team is so young with the oldest being 19. Their biggest competition is Italy.
Crazy Stuff! I hope to be back soon, I have to eat and get ready for work J Happy watching.

No comments:
Post a Comment