Staying up way too late. Hiding from my friends with iPhones. Reading the newspaper. Drinking tea. Taking minutes of the TV coverage. The Today show. The daytime coverage. Defending synchronized swimming. And Rhythmic Gymnastics. Researching Olympians. Memorizing Olympic trivia. Watching history be made. Screaming for people to win like normal people do in the super bowl. Praying the results I accidentally read online are wrong. The results being wrong. People crying. People being truly amazed. People running with broken legs. People running with no legs. The Royals. The names. The random events I didn’t know were in the Olympics. Sheer honest to God strength. Our national anthem. Underdogs. Parents’ reactions. The commercials. The commentary. Basically-everything.
I love the Olympics, I feel like the can bring us to a simpler time. A time when peoples’ abilities are applauded. When people become superstars, not for being drunk or at parties or singing about PG-13 topics in front of kids, but for being dedicated. For being the best. It’s kind of sad, that these were technically my last Olympics as a child. But I feel that no matter what I’ll always feel like a child during the Olympics, simply being in awe. What was my first Olympic memory? In 2004, my sister and I were sharing a room. At night after she fell asleep my parents would come wake me up and let me watch some prime time. I don’t remember much of what I actually saw, maybe some type of boat racing, but I loved it.
Now that the games are over it’s time to think about school and such. But it’s also time to begin the next phase, the autograph collecting phase. One of my hobbies is collecting autographs. After the games is prime time. I’ll keep you updated on that J
No comments:
Post a Comment