Thursday, August 9, 2012

If I had an Olympic baby...

If I was to have a baby during the Olympics, summer or winter, I’d be ecstatic. For the sake of this post, I’ll focus on the summer games. There are so many ways to honor the games. The obvious is to name the baby after a favorite athlete, either first or last. For Example, Michael (as in Phelps) or Daley (As in Tom Daley, British diver). You could go with a more obvious path using Olympia, Olympus, or Olympic with the adorable nickname Ollie which could work with either gender. Nike, the Greek goddess who is always on the Olympic Medal could be used alone or as a nickname for Nicholas or Nichole. The host city is also a great gateway to names, whether the actual city (London, Paris) or a part of the city (Thames, Windsor). See where I’m going with this? Do you have any suggestions? I’d love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment