Sunday, March 17, 2013

Late night thoughts

Ok, so my life has been basically flipped upside down by senior year. Everything has changed and continues to change amazingly fast.

 I have basically decided that I will be at Salem State next year, it's absolutely ridiculous to me to imagine paying back the amount of loans that I would acquire at a non-public in-state university. I'm ok with this, it's just really hard seeing everyone post in our Sweet Briar Accepted Students 2017 group about how they have sent in their deposits and everything. It's also really frustrating trying to get people to understand that just because you're not poor doesn't mean you can afford a private college. I hate that people can literally just pay their way into college. I worked so hard for the past four years to keep my grades up and I did get huge merit scholarships to the schools that I did apply to. They just weren't big enough. Ok, college rant done.

Another thing I'm troubled by is my "social life". Maybe it's just a senior year thing, but I have no idea who my friends are anymore. One second I think someone likes me, the next they're telling the world how much they hate me. Who knows? Maybe I'm better off friendless.

Speaking of friendless, I've been bitten by the wanderlust bug. I want to travel and see the world. On my summer bucket list is getting in the car on a Friday evening and driving all night and stopping when the sun comes up on Saturday. I'll spend the weekend in whatever little (or big) town I end up in and drive home Sunday night. I feel like that is the most spontaneous thing I could do, and I love it! Also, sleeping in the bed of the pick-up truck and stargazing is on the list.

I have some pretty big plans and just wanted to get them out there. I'll have more for you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment