Sunday, September 30, 2012

Senior Stress

So much for senior year being fun. This last month has been more of and emotional roller coaster than the past 2 years put together. I think a lot of the stress is self inflicted but it definitely also comes from people around us as well. As you can imagine the pressure is on to apply, and get into college. What I'm finding hard about this is that some of the colleges that I want to go to are down south (NC, VA), so I can't easily visit them. I figured if I go in I could just do a little road trip with my parents. I'm applying early action so time shouldn't be a problem. The other issue is that I went to a college fair and got information on Suffolk University. I love that it's in Boston and that it has the PhD program in psychology that I need. They also have a campus in Madrid where you can spend your first 2 years. I fell in love. I want nothing more than to go back to Spain, and Suffolk is my ticket. it's cheaper than {Just so you know, everything after this is my blog attempt 2. When I uploaded the picture my computer crashed and didn't save anything but the above. yay.} studying at their Boston campus. And then my parent's said "never". I mean I understand that they don't want their 18 year old daughter studying in Europe. But still.

Besides the applying to college pressure, there's the getting into college pressure. My grades have been on a steady up swing since freshman year. I'm not a genius by any means but my grades aren't bad. I guess I'm just never satisfied with them because most of my friends are smarter than me. But anyway, this year I'm getting really frustrated with all of my classes. Besides AP Chem, I don't take notes an any class. I don't have text books and I don't even know what the teachers want from me. I know they say that they are "preparing us for college", but that won't be necessary if we don't get in! OK, sorry vent done.

Remember when everyone said that senior year was supposed to me fun? Yeah, I'm still waiting. I mean, I go to football games and things but I'm just so busy and stressed out all the time. Between school and dance and babysitting and teaching CCD I never have time for anything. And when I am free my friends are always busy. My mother said she was sending me to spend Christmas break with my cousins in New Hampshire, but honestly I don't think I can wait that long.

Speaking of friends, am I the only one who feels like I am unconsciously distancing myself from them? I think it's a little of thinking that it will make the break easier when we go to college and I feel like it's also a little growing up and having different opinions. One of these difference of opinions is the military. I have 2 friends who don't believe in the military. As the proud cousin of a Marine this hurts me. One of these girls has been my friend since we were 3, and we've gotten through everything including liking the same boy (she won btw). But we manage to respect our different views. With some of the other girls, the tensions are a little more obvious.

Ok, thanks for listening and sorry you didn't get to read my original (it was much better). Anyway enjoy this picture from Hollywood Studios in Disney World!

No comments:

Post a Comment