Phelps vs Lochte-Lochte destroyed everyone!!! Phelps landed in 4th. Lochte pulled ahead in the backstroke and was out of the water. On the one hand I’m glad USA won the medal but I still hope Phelps wins his 3 medals needed to be the most decorated Olympian. I was actually a little sad he didn’t medal in this event.
Men’s Qualification Gymnastics-Jonathan Horton (USA) is the only Olympic Veteran. He is my favorite gymnast ever. His Pommel Horse routine was good, minus the fall. Sam Mikulak was stellar, beautiful actually. Leyva fantastic as well! Commentators said it was “money” and “the best quality I have seen from Danell”. Orozco, nice as well. Good effort in this rotation. Current world champion (“superman”) fell during his routine, but got back up and re-did the skill. Amazing.
Women’s 100 Fly-Vollmer and Donahue (USA) both qualified for the event, in 1st and 5th respectively.
Can't wait for more to come! Also, Madrid has a bid for the 2020 Olympics. I'd LOVE to go back to Spain for the Olympics. Madrid would be the perfect city.


No comments:
Post a Comment